Stretch Marks on Breasts – How to Remove, Prevent, Best Creams, Implants, Augmentation, Laser to Get Rid of Red Marks
- What it Means to Have Stretch Marks on Breasts
- Causes of Stretch Marks on Breasts
- When do Breast Stretch Marks Occur?
- How to Remove Stretch Marks on Breasts
- Breast Implants and Stretch Marks – Augmentation Lines
- How to Prevent Stretch Marks on Breasts
Stretch marks on breasts occur during teenage years and mostly during pregnancy because of weight gain. You might also see breast augmentation stretchmarks. In this article, learn how to remove and prevent silver, white and red stretch lines on boobs using best creams, laser treatment and even home remedies.
After breast implants, during puberty, pregnancy and sometimes after gaining weight so fast, or losing weight so fast, you might see lines on your breasts. These may be red if they are fresh, or may appear as silver or white if they have been there for a long time and are still healing. Dermatologists recommend some of the most powerful stretch mark removers such as TriLastin SR Stretch Mark Complex as a solution. Below, we will discuss how you can remove or even avoid scars on boobs easily.
What it Means to Have Stretch Marks on Breasts
Do you have stretch marks on boobs? Well, don’t just ignore them because that could be a red light alarm for something you don’t want to go through. Breast stretch marks can mean quite a number of things. Here are just a few things that I found out about what it means to have stretch marks on breasts.
- Cushing’s Syndrome, a disorder that is known to cause stretch marks even without rapid increase in breast size. Mayo Clinic states that the syndrome develops as a result of the body overproducing cortisol medications. Dark pink and purple stretch marks on breasts could be an indicator of this disorder.
- Lack of exercise and alarming dehydration could be a reason behind development of the lines. Fox News reported that when you notice sudden breast stretch marks, you should re-evaluate your hydration as well as exercise.
- Of course you would know when you are pregnant, so that could be what those stretch marks mean. But, there could be more to that – birth control. Some birth control methods may cause hormonal changes in the body, which will mean weight gain or weight loss, which will cause development of the marks.
- Rapid changes in breast size is not only the cause of breast stretch marks in women but also in men.
Causes of Stretch Marks on Breasts
Like any other stretch marks, it is important to understand the underlying causes of stretch marks on breasts. There are many causes of stretch marks in a general sense.
Here are some of the commonly known causes of breast stretch marks.
- Overstretching of breast skin is the primary cause of stretch marks on boobs. Hormonal changes while pregnant or even menopause can be the reason behind the development of breast stretch marks.
- Breast augmentation and implants are also known causes of breast stretch marks.
- Gaining weight rapidly or even losing weight fast while pregnant has also been identified as one of the causes of stretch marks on breasts. During pregnancy, you should expect to gain some weight. If you don’t gain weight moderately and to acceptable limits, you are likely to get breast stretch marks.
- According to Mayo Clinic, breast stretch marks, just like any other stretch marks can be hereditary. If your mother had them, you are likely to have them too.
- For teenagers, stretch marks on breasts occur because of the accelerated growth and development which causes fat deposits around the breasts. This stretches the skin around the breasts, which leads to the development of scars on boobs.
- Underlying health problems can also make the list of the causes of breast stretch marks. Adrenal gland disorders and Cushing’s disease are known causes.
When do Breast Stretch Marks Occur?
Definitely, you know this one. Stretch marks on breasts occur when three general events occur on your body.
- Breast stretch marks occur when there are significant hormonal changes in the body, usually during pregnancy and menopause.
- You are also likely to get dark purple lines during puberty because your body is growing significantly.
- Lastly, breast stretch marks occur when someone loses or gains weight rapidly. In case you develop obesity, you are likely to get stretch lines on the chest area.
How to Remove Stretch Marks on Breasts
The methods of breast stretch marks removal are not so different from those used to remove other types of stretch marks. The following are the methods on how to get rid of stretch marks on your breasts.
1. Use of Breast Stretch Mark Removal Creams
There are many brands of breast stretch mark removal creams. The choice of one that will work best is solely up to an individual. Reading reviews and even talking to a cosmetic therapist would be a good way to go about the process of breast stretch mark treatment. A physician will advise you on the best and safe stretch mark removal creams to use. Here are some of the top creams for breast stretch mark removal:
Bio Oil for Stretch Mark Removal on Breasts
Bio-oil cream is a skin care product that is said to improve the appearance of the skin. It helps in moisturizing the skin and help with the healing of stretch marks on breasts. Bio Oil is a mixture of natural oils that trigger skin regeneration. Many cosmetic experts and users recommend Bio Oil for breast stretch mark removal.
Revitol Stretch Mark Cream
Revitol is used mostly as a stretch mark prevention cream. Revitol stretch mark cream can also be used for breast stretch mark removal. It has glycerine, squalene oil and demethicone as part of the main ingredients. Other products in this breast stretch mark treatment cream include vitamin E and grape seed extract.
Mederma Stretch Mark Therapy Cream
Mederma Stretch Marks Therapy is as popular as bio oil in the treatment of stretch marks on breasts. This topical cream for treatment and elimination of the lines contains various ingredients that help in removal and appearance of stretch marks. Mederna Stretch Mark Therapy for removal of breast stretch marks is good for softening the skin and reduce cracking. Mederna Stretch Mark Therapy is also one of the best cosmetic products around for hydrating the skin and helping with curing breast stretch marks.
Some of the ingredients found in Mederna Stretch Mark Therapy include cepalin, hyaluronic acid, cepalin, cantella asiatica leaf extract, onion extract and vitamin E. onion extract is known to be one of the best ingredients in Mederna Stretch Mark Therapy for soothing skin inflammations and reduce itchiness. Cepalin in Mederna Stretch Mark Therapy softens scars on breast stretch marks while hyaluronic has a hydrating agent, making Mederna Stretch Mark Therapy leave the breasts supple.
Mama Mio Goodbye Stretch Marks Cream
This one is very popular with celebrities who use it to prevent and even remove stretch lines on the skin. Mama Mio Goodbye Stretch Marks Cream is known to reduce the appearance of stretch marks by over 70%. Celebrities who have used this cream for removal of the stretch marks and treatment include Stella McCartney, Gabrielle Reece, Christina Aguilera, Milla Jovovich, Natalia Vodianova, Melissa Joan Hart, Victoria Beckham, Christy Turlington, Mariska Hegarty, Emma Bunton, Jennifer Beals, Lindsay Davenport and Rachel Weisz.
Mama Mio Tummy Rub Stretch Mark Butter
Another product from Mama Mio’s, this breast stretch mark cream uses fatty acid-rich ingredients such as Omega 3, 6 and 9. These ingredients in Mama Mio Tummy Rub Stretch Mark Butter increase the elasticity of the skin around breasts, thus helping with breast stretch mark removal. Wheatgerm oil, vitamin E, sweet almond oil, roseship seed oil, shea butter and borage oil are also part of this product’s ingredients, making it an effective contender in the treatment.
Laser treatment for breast stretch marks is also a common method that most people use. There are three different methods of laser treatment for breast stretch marks. These include fractional laser treatment for stretch marks that makes use of the Lux1540 equipment, Pulsed Dye Laser treatment for breast stretch marks and Excimer Laser therapy for breasts. You can read more about these techniques in an article I did exclusively on treatment of stretch marks using laser techniques.
3. Microdermabrasion for Breast Stretch Mark Removal
Microdermabrasion for treatment of red marks on breast uses a hand-held device that blows certain crystals onto the skin with stretch marks. The crystals gently abrade or “polish” the surface of the skin. A vacuum tube is used to remove the crystals and the skin cells that make part of the unsightly streaks. Mayo Clinic recommends microdermabrasion for the removal of breast stretch marks because it simply it removes just the topmost layer of skin cells and allows the growth of new elastic skin cells. Microdermabrasion for breast stretch mark removal is effective for older stretch marks.
4. Natural Remedies for Breast Stretch Marks Removal
When you want to do away with all the side effects of the various technologies used for removing breast stretch marks, you can choose to use natural treatments for stretch marks on breasts. These are quite many, starting with making your own creams at home as part of the home remedies, hydrating adequately and proper dieting.
Breast Implants and Stretch Marks – Augmentation Lines
Have you thought of going for breast augmentation or breast implants? Well, these could also end up causing stretch marks on breasts. Breast augmentation basically increases the size of the breasts. Six weeks down the line, you are likely to observe the development of breast augmentation stretch marks because your skin will be scarring. This is not a common occurrence, but quite a number of factors can contribute to the development of breast stretch marks after breast augmentation. These include ensuring the breast implant size is not too large to cause skin scarring.
The positioning of the breast augmentation implant can also determine if you will get breast stretch lines or not. Breast surgical techniques such as sub-muscular implant technique will help prevent the marks and lines. On-top of muscles breast augmentation or implant is likely to cause the development of breast augmentation stretch marks.
Lastly, predisposition can also be a factor in the formation of breast stretch marks during implantation. We have already discussed this under the causes of stretch marks. Some of the predisposition factors include hereditary stretch marks, an underlying disorder or the presence of stretch marks on other parts of the body already, such as underarms, thighs, butt, belly and so on.
How to Prevent Stretch Marks on Breasts
There are many ways of preventing stretch marks. You can use these on your breasts too. Read more on how to prevent pregnancy stretch marks to understand most of them. Here are additional ways on how to prevent breast stretch marks:
- Massage your breasts daily
- Spread scar treatment cream on your breasts regularly
- Apply stretch mark oil, cream, butter or moisturizer regularly. Cocoa or Shea butter are known to be very good for preventing breast stretch marks.
Breast stretch marks are not so different from other types of stretch marks. So, the ways on how to get rid of stretch marks on breasts are not different per se. they are quite the same. If you are breastfeeding however, be sure to talk to your doctor about the choice of breast stretch mark removal creams as well as other techniques. The same should be done for belly stretch marks. Feel free to share with us what you used to get rid of those pregnancy marks, whether creams, laser, natural or at-home remedies – just about anything.
How do you get rid of stretch marks on breasts? Comment below.
More on Stretch Marks and Removal
- Causes of Stretch Marks – How Do We Get Stretch Marks?
- Stretch Marks Treatment – Methods of Getting Rid of Stretch Marks
- How to Avoid and Prevent Pregnancy Stretch Marks
- Laser Stretch Mark Removal Treatment – Getting Rid of Stretch Marks
- Natural Home Remedies for Stretch Marks
- Best Stretch Mark Creams, Lotions and Oils – Reviews