How to Wear Purple Lipstick, Best Shades and Brands
- How to Wear Purple Lipstick
- Best Purple Lipstick, Colors, Popular Types of Shades
- Best Purple Lipstick Brands Overall
- Other Great Purple Lip Cosmetics to Try
- Celebrities Who Wear Purple Lipstick
- More on Lipstick Colors and Trends
- You Might Also Like These
- Other Recommended Lipstick Reads
- Other Resources on Lip Makeup
Purple lipstick is one of the most flattering lipsticks on any skin tone. In this article, discover best purple lipsticks such as dark purple, deep purple, bright, light purple, red-purple and pink-purple. Also, learn how to wear purple lipstick and top brands such as NYX, Revlon and Maybelline below.
How to Wear Purple Lipstick
Whether it is spring or summer, purple lipstick such as NYX Slim Lip Pencil remains one of the hottest trending lip colors, as well as a few other lipsticks. You can get purple lips with lip gloss or using the best purple lipstick. But what is the best purple shade after all? Below, we will list some of the top rated purple lip color shades according to reviews. Before that, know how to wear purple lipstick for a chic fashionable you!
There is a wide range of purple lip colors, ranging from intense plums to barely there violets. How to choose the right one for your skin tone, and knowing how to wear purple lipstick the perfect way is the actual beauty task here. Purple is not like other vampy lipsticks such as dark blue lipsticks, white lipstick, yellow and green lipsticks. Therefore, you will need to be so careful with it to avoid creating that scary effect common during Halloween.
- Purple Lip stick for Medium Skin Tone: The best purple shade lipstick for girls with medium skin tone is that with some warm yellow undertones.
- Purple Lipstick for Fair, Pale or Light Skin Tone: If you are a fair skinned girl, avoid dark purple lipstick or any dark shades of purple. Instead, the best purple lipstick shade for fair skinned women is that with pink or blue undertones. Bright purple will be appropriate for fair skin. Select appropriately depending on your purple undertones.
- Purple Lipstick for Dark Skin Tone: Black women can also pull off purple or violet. Just like brown lipsticks that suit black skin perfectly well, any shade of purple lipstick will look great on dark skinned women. From deep purple lipstick to lilac, all purple lip colors will look great on dark skin tones.
Since purple is really a bold color, you must be wondering about how to wear purple lipstick. Well, other than the tips on how to choose the best purple lipstick above, you need to learn how to wear purple lip color without overwhelming the rest of your face makeup.
Wear a neutral eyeshadow and couple it with a nice light touch of mascara. It is optional to wear a light touch of eyeliner as well as doing a touch of blush. However, if you feel that purples are too much color for you, you can opt for a good purple tinted lip gloss. See below a few suggested products such as lip glosses to try. You could also add purple lip gloss after applying purple lipstick on your lips. Don’t forget to do your nails perfectly and even accessorize your outfit well with accessories such as purple earrings and so on.
Best Purple Lipstick, Colors, Popular Types of Shades
Berry purple, violet purple, fuchsia lipsticks, plum purple shades and berry purple are all some of the best shades of purple lip colors.
Neon Purple Lipstick: If you thought bright purple lip color was shouting, neon is a glow. Neon purple lipstick can be worn as part of a costume to a party, such as Halloween. You can rock it with some purple contact lenses, or glow in the dark cat eye contacts.
Deep Purple Lipstick: The deeper you go, the more wicked you might become. Deep purple lipsticks may not be very good for everyone, but you can rock it. See above on how to wear purple lipstick for tips on how to use deep purple lip color.
Light Purple Lipstick or Bright Purple Lipstick: Bright purple lipsticks or light purple lipstick is good for light skinned women. Remember that bright lipstick will highlight your lips. Therefore, if you want downplay or highlight any type of lips, be careful with your choice of light purple color.
Purple Red Lipstick: Purply red come sometimes look too much. It has dark red undertones in it. It is often recommended for redheads or people with a dark skin with golden undertones. Try purple red lipstick if you like deep colors. Most people find it a classic rather than a trendy lipstick.
Purple Pink Lipstick: Purple pink lipstick is a shade of purple with pink undertones. This shade or color of purple lip color is best for people with fair skin, or have warm undertones in their skin complexion.
Smoked Purple Lipstick: Do you like smoky eyes and generally smoky makeup? Well, now there is a smoked purple for you to try. This is a deep, dark reddened purple lip color for those who like intense colors. The best smoked purple is MAC Smoked Purple Lipstick.
Best Purple Lipstick Brands Overall
The best purple lipstick is likely to be one that looks great on your natural skin tone. However, you may want to try out brands that produce high quality lipstick in purple. Here are the top rated or in no particular order.
- Dolce & Gabanna Duo Gloss Fusion Sheer Lipstick
- Best MAC Purple Lipsticks: MAC Matte Lipstick in Smoked Purple, MAC “Too Supreme” Sheen Supreme Lipglass in Dress Kimono (plum shade)
- Best Maybelline Purple Lipsticks: Maybelline Color Sensational Vivids in Brazen Berry
- Revlon Purple Lipsticks: Revlon Super Lustrous Lipstick in Violet Frenzy
- NYX Purple Lipsticks: NYX Slim Lip Pencil – Purple Rain
- Lancôme Rouge in Love Lipstick in “Violette Coquette (for all skin tones)
- Shiseido Shimmering Rouge in Venus (berry purple shade)
- KA’OIR By Keyshia KAOIR “Racquel” Bright Purple Lipstick
- Dior Rouge Dior Lip Colour in #786 Mysterious Mauve
Other Great Purple Lip Cosmetics to Try
If you don’t like the feel of lipstick on your lips, or the heavy color resting on your lips, you can try other products such as lip balm, lip gloss, tints and other great lip makeups with a purple tint. Here are some of the best picks you should buy today.
- Clinique Vitamin C Lip Smoothie in Blackberry Nirvana (purple lip gloss)
- Cover Girl Outlast Lip Stain in Saucy Plum (best smear proof purple lip stain)
- Laura Mercier Lip Stain in Sugar Violet (a pinky-violet lip gloss)
- Pacifica Color Quench Natural Moisturizing Lip Tint in Purple Fig (100% natural and vegan lip tint)
- Urban Decay Super Saturated High Gloss Lip Pencil in Apocalypse
Celebrities Who Wear Purple Lipstick
Rihanna Purple Lipstick almost became the subheading of this section! You have seen her pout turned from purple to black to just about any other color. But Rihanna purple lip color is not the only trend-setter. Other celebrities, models and actresses who wear purple on their lips include Kery Hilson, Letoya Luckett, Estelle, etc.
What is the best brand of purple lipstick? Scroll to comment below.
More on Lipstick Colors and Trends
- Pink Lipstick – Best Hot, Bright, Baby, Neon, Matte and How to Wear Pink Lipsticks
- Brown Lipstick – Best Dark, Chocolate, Matte, Bobby Brown, Maybelline Brown Trends
- Coral Lipstick – Best Bright, Perfect Coral Orange and How to Wear Runway Lipsticks
- Red Lipstick – Cheap and Shades: Dark, Matte, Apple, Blood, True, Cherry, Brick, Jungle
- Matte Lipstick – Best Red, Pink, Black, NYX, Revlon, and Cheap Matte Lipsticks
- Orange Lipstick – Best Neon, Bright, Burnt, Orange Red & How to Wear Orange Lipsticks
- How to Wear Red Lipstick – Tips to Put on, Apply Red Lipsticks with Pictures
You Might Also Like These
- Blue Lipstick – Best Dark, Navy, Blue Red, Light, Where to Buy or Get Blue Lipsticks
- Gold Lipstick – Golden Red, Rose, Pink, How to Wear, Apply, Use Gold Lip Stick Color
- White Lipstick – Best Brands, Snow, How to Wear, Where to Buy White Lipsticks
- Candy Lipstick – Best Hard, Cotton, Pink, Doll, Apple and Yum Yum Candy Lipsticks
- Green Lipstick – Mint, Dark, Lime Green that Turns Pink or Red & Best Brands
Other Recommended Lipstick Reads
- Best Lipstick Brands – Natural, Long Lasting, Plum, Nude, for Moisturizing Dry Lips
- Best Nude Lipstick – Colors, for Dark Skin, Beige, Matte Shades NYX, MAC, Dior, L’Oreal
- Best Red Lipstick – For Fair Skin, Olive, Redheads, Blondes, Brunettes & Perfect Black Women
- Lipstick Colors & Shades – How to Choose Best for Fair Skin, Brunettes, Blondes, Brown
- Dark Lipstick – Best Glow in the Dark, Trend, Tips, Dark Lipstick Looks
- Black Lipstick – Radiance, Opal, Cherry, Honey, Almost Black, Where to Buy NYX, Revlon
- Natural Lipstick – Best All Natural Brands, Colors and How to Make Natural Looking Lipsticks
- Plum Lipstick – Best Dark, Deep, Light, Matte, How to Wear, Revlon, Maybelline, Shades
- Long Lasting Lipstick – Best Longest, Red, Pure, Natural, Maybelline, Revlon, CoverGirl
- Lipstick Case – With Mirror, Vintage, Double, Antique, Leather, Coach, Personalized Wholesale
- How to Make Lipstick – Recipe Ingredients, With Crayons, Vaseline, Organic
- Peach Lipstick – Best Matte, Light, Dark, Nude, Coral, Revlon, NYX & Peachy Colored Lipsticks
Other Resources on Lip Makeup
- Visit our section on Types of Lips to find out different types of lips and makeup tips.
- Guides on best lip gloss can be found in the Lip Gloss Section.
- Visit our Lipsticks Section to read more on lipstick colors and how to wear them.
- For guides on best lip balms, visit our Lip Balm Section.
- See More Interesting Finds on Lip Makeup.
What is the best brand of purple lipstick?