Best Natural Lipstick Brands and How to Make Your Own
Natural lipstick is safe to use and has no harmful chemicals such as lead. This article lists the best all natural lipstick brands, best natural lip colors, and also teaches how to make natural looking lipsticks using easy recipe.
All natural lipstick such as NYX Natural Lipstick is free of toxins and uses natural organic ingredients to not only make lips beautiful but also to nourish them. You have seen lip lines on many people’s lips. While some of them are caused by sun damage, the lip makeup you use is also a factor of the condition of your lips. Some of the best natural lipstick picks are dye-free and do not contain any chemical substances such as lead, which are harmful to the body.
Below, we have listed top-rated natural lipstick brands and specific products that you can choose from when looking for either natural looking lipstick or all natural lipsticks. You can also opt to learn how to make natural lipstick of your own. We have a recipe for making eco lip cosmetics for you late in this article.
Best Natural Lipsticks – Top Rated Natural Lipstick Brands
Best natural lipsticks are a good alternative when you don’t want to make your own natural lipstick with homemade DIY recipes. These brands have natural lipstick colors that you can choose from and still stay within safety since most of them are made with purely organic ingredients. It is however important to learn how to choose the best natural lip stick or natural lip stains.
How to Choose the Best and Safe Natural/Organic Lipsticks
Here are important tips to help you choose the best natural lip color tints from the many brands that market themselves as the best.
- Green lipstick does not mean that the lipstick is nontoxic. It could mean that it is the color green and it is not necessarily an eco-friendly, natural or organic. Marketers use the word green to confuse buyers looking to buy natural best lipsticks. The reference may also be used when referring to lipstick containers, lip balm tubes and lip gloss tins.
- Lipstick ingredients to avoid include Parabens (methylparaben, butylparaben, ethylparaben, and propylparaben), Phthalates, Formaldehyde-Releasing Preservatives (FRPs), Butylated Hydroxyanisole (BHA), Oxybenzone, Fragrance and Lead.
- When the manufacturer of green lipsticks markets them as “safe, natural, hypoallergenic or doctor recommended, it does not guarantee you that the lipstick is nontoxic or truly natural.
- Other than looking at ingredients of natural lip stick, you can also look or check for certifications such as Natural Products Association and USDA Organic, which may guarantee that the ingredients used in your all natural lipstick are actually natural minerals or organic compounds only.
List of Best Natural Lipstick Brands and Products
- NYX Natural Lipstick
- Revlon Beyond Natural Lipstick
- Maybelline superstay Mauve 785
- Lavera lipstick in Sunset Orange
- Bare Escentuals bareMinerals 100% Natural Lip Colour in Red Velvet
- Aveda Nourish-Mint Sheer Mineral Lip Colour in Sheer Rhubarb
- Essential Care lipstick in Rose Parfait
- 100% Pure Fruit Pigmented Lip Glaze (comes in 21 different lip colors)
- Bite Beauty Luminous Creme Lipstick
- Couleour Caramel Natural Lipstick
- Dr. Hauschka Natural Lipstick, Dr Hauschka Lipstick in Soft Coral
- Ilia Beauty Natural Lip stick
- Jane Iredale PureMoist Natural Lip Colours
- Juice Beauty Alicia Silverstone Purely Kissable Lipstick
- Living Nature Pure Lipstick
- Logona Natural Lip stick
- Nvey Eco Advanced Care Natural Lip Colour
- Vapour Organic Beauty Siren Lipstick
- Zuzu Luxe Natural Ingredient Lipstick
- Jane Iredale Lip Fixation Lip Stains (works as a natural lip gloss too)
- Hemp Organics Lipstick in Rose Petal (very good for a matte lip finish; can plump and make thin lips fuller)
- Johnny Concert Narcissistic Lipstick in Redrum (eco yet good for Halloween costume)
- W3LL People Nudist Lipshine Stick
- Coastal Classic Creations Canyon Lipstick (all natural and paraben free lip color)
COMPARE PRICES OF BEST NATURAL LIPSTICKS
All Natural Lipstick – Ingredients
Is there any all natural lipstick? Well, you have to be good at checking lipstick ingredients in order to land on all natural lip stick. These lipsticks will use ingredients such as natural oils like shea butter, coconut oil, beeswax and even minerals only. Organic compounds may be included in all natural lipsticks because they are nontoxic or are free of petrochemicals. Using all natural lipsticks is the safest way to keep your lips healthy and beautiful. Our lists above contain lipsticks with all natural ingredients.
Brands with the best all natural lip sticks that have no chemical additives include:
- Couleur Caramel
- Zuzu Luxe
- Jane Iredale
- Honeybee Gardens
So, what is natural looking lipstick? Well, looking in the mirror without any lip gloss, lip primer or any tinted lipstick on, you will see your natural lip color. Natural looking lipstick is exactly what the name suggests – lipstick that will look like the natural color of your lips. If your lips have a pink shade, then the best natural looking lipstick colors would be pink.
When choosing natural lipstick colors for natural looking lips, ensure that you match the color with your natural skin tone, more specifically the skin tone or color shade of your lips. However, you can find other types of lipstick colors that may look as natural lips. For instance, brown lipsticks, cotton candy pink lip color, best natural red lipsticks and many others. Colors such as blue lipsticks, purple lipsticks, white lipsticks, gold lipsticks do not look natural at all.
How to Make Natural Lipstick – Homemade Safe Lip Stick
Time to know how to make natural lipstick using DIY homemade recipe steps. You will be using simple ingredients to make eco lip stick or mineral lip stick at home. Most of these can be in any color you want, so the ingredients might vary depending on the lip color you want to achieve. I must also let you know that there are myriads of variations of this natural lipstick recipe, so you can also improvise as you go.
Natural Lipstick Recipe
For this recipe for making organic lip stick, you will need the following ingredients:
- A teaspoon of coconut oil
- A teaspoon of cocoa butter or shea butter
- A teaspoon of beeswax pastilles
These only will create a clear lipstick, perhaps very good for natural looking lips. Below are some alternative add-ins that you may want to use to get a natural lip stick color of your choice.
Optional Ingredients for the Recipe
- Use beetroot powder (1/8 teaspoon) or natural food coloring (1 drop) to make red natural lip stick.
- Use organic cocoa powder, just ¼ teaspoon for tan shades or brown lip stick color. You may also add a pinch of turmeric or cinnamon to vary the shade.
- Bentointe clay, ¼ teaspoon used with color will make a matte lip texture. Color is used to avoid leaving a white tint on the lips that might make you look like a zombie.
- Add essential oil for some sweet scent.
You will need to have good lipstick or empty lip balm tubes to put in your homemade natural lipstick once you are done with the recipe procedure below.
- Melt beeswax pastilles, cocoa butter or shea butter and coconut oil in a jar. A glass jar is best. Put the jar in a pot of shimmering water to melt.
- Remove the jar from the pot and add any additional ingredients you may like, such as scent or color.
- Once all your ingredients are well mixed and still liquid, pour the natural homemade lipstick into the container using a dropper.
- Leave to cool well and always store in a cool dry place.
Which natural lipstick brand do you prefer? Leave your comment below.
More on Lipstick Colors and Trends
- Pink Lipstick – Best Hot, Bright, Baby, Neon, Matte and How to Wear Pink Lipsticks
- Brown Lipstick – Best Dark, Chocolate, Matte, Bobby Brown, Maybelline Brown Trends
- Coral Lipstick – Best Bright, Perfect Coral Orange and How to Wear Runway Lipsticks
- Red Lipstick – Cheap and Shades: Dark, Matte, Apple, Blood, True, Cherry, Brick, Jungle
- Matte Lipstick – Best Red, Pink, Black, NYX, Revlon, and Cheap Matte Lipsticks
- Orange Lipstick – Best Neon, Bright, Burnt, Orange Red & How to Wear Orange Lipsticks
- How to Wear Red Lipstick – Tips to Put on, Apply Red Lipsticks with Pictures
You Might Also Like These
- Blue Lipstick – Best Dark, Navy, Blue Red, Light, Where to Buy or Get Blue Lipsticks
- Gold Lipstick – Golden Red, Rose, Pink, How to Wear, Apply, Use Gold Lip Stick Color
- Purple Lipstick – Best Dark, Deep, Bright, Light, Red, Pink, How to Wear Purple Lipsticks
- White Lipstick – Best Brands, Snow, How to Wear, Where to Buy White Lipsticks
- Candy Lipstick – Best Hard, Cotton, Pink, Doll, Apple and Yum Yum Candy Lipsticks
- Green Lipstick – Mint, Dark, Lime Green that Turns Pink or Red & Best Brands
Other Recommended Lipstick Reads
- Best Lipstick Brands – Natural, Long Lasting, Plum, Nude, for Moisturizing Dry Lips
- Best Nude Lipstick – Colors, for Dark Skin, Beige, Matte Shades NYX, MAC, Dior, L’Oreal
- Best Red Lipstick – For Fair Skin, Olive, Redheads, Blondes, Brunettes & Perfect Black Women
- Lipstick Colors & Shades – How to Choose Best for Fair Skin, Brunettes, Blondes, Brown
- Dark Lipstick – Best Glow in the Dark, Trend, Tips, Dark Lipstick Looks
- Black Lipstick – Radiance, Opal, Cherry, Honey, Almost Black, Where to Buy NYX, Revlon
- Plum Lipstick – Best Dark, Deep, Light, Matte, How to Wear, Revlon, Maybelline, Shades
- Long Lasting Lipstick – Best Longest, Red, Pure, Natural, Maybelline, Revlon, CoverGirl
- Lipstick Case – With Mirror, Vintage, Double, Antique, Leather, Coach, Personalized Wholesale
- How to Make Lipstick – Recipe Ingredients, With Crayons, Vaseline, Organic
- Peach Lipstick – Best Matte, Light, Dark, Nude, Coral, Revlon, NYX & Peachy Colored Lipsticks
Other Resources on Lip Makeup
- Visit our section on Types of Lips to find out different types of lips and makeup tips.
- Guides on best lip gloss can be found in the Lip Gloss Section.
- Visit our Lipsticks Section to read more on lipstick colors and how to wear them.
- For guides on best lip balms, visit our Lip Balm Section.
- See More Interesting Finds on Lip Makeup.
Which natural lipstick brand do you prefer? Share below.