How to Remove Lipstick Stain from Clothes, Carpets and White Fabrics
Lipstick stain can get onto anyone’s fabric. In this article, learn how to remove lipstick stain from clothes, white shirts, and carpets. You will also discover the best lipstick stain remover to make your work easier when getting rid of the stain.
Best Lipstick Stain Removal Techniques
- Best Lipstick Stain Removal Techniques
- Best Lipstick Stain Remover
- How to Remove Lipstick Stain – Lipstick Stain Removal Fabric
- How to Remove Lipstick Stain from Clothes
- How to Remove Lipstick Stain from Carpet
- How Remove Lipstick Stain from White Shirt
- How to Remove Lipstick Stain from Flooring
- Removing Lipstick Stains from Hard Surfaces
Lipstick stain can occur when you smudge your lipstick on your cloth accidentally, or step on it while on the carpet. A little lip locking can also end up with some stains from your lipstick. These stains look worse and stubborn on white shirts, but with the right lipstick stain removal guide, you will be able to get rid of the stain.
Lipstick cosmetic contains color pigments, waxes, oils and emollients, all of which apply color tint, texture and some protection to the lips. Whether you are using natural lipsticks or commercial ones, you might find yourself trying hard to remove the stain of lipstick from different types of surfaces.
The lipstick stain removal technique you will use depends on many factors. The type of fabric or surface where you want to remove the stain from is one of the variables you will need to consider. Here are some of the surfaces we will discuss when revealing how to remove lipstick stain below.
- Fabrics that are washable such as cotton, nylon, acrylic, polyester, olefin and spandex
- Non-washable fabrics like carpet made of synthetic wool, acetate, rayon, mod acrylic, wool and triacetate
- Special fabric materials such as synthetic and natural fur, suede, leather
- Flooring material such as vinyl tiles, cork, asphalt and linoleum
- Stone surfaces like marble and alabaster
Each of these surfaces will have a different method of removing the lip stick stain from them. For some of them, you will need to use a lipstick stain remover. But what is the best lip stick stain remover out there? Here are some of the best removers you may want to try.
Best Lipstick Stain Remover
There are a few commercial stain removers that you can use to get rid of lipstick stains. Some of them are lipstick stain remover pencils while others are natural recipes. For the natural and homemade lipstick stain removers, the commonly used products are:
- Eucalyptus oil and toothpaste stain remover
- Baking soda lip stick stain remover
- Petroleum jelly as a lipstick stain remover
- Rubbing alcohol remover for lipstick stains
- Lift Off #3 Stain Remover
Other chemicals used to remove stains of lipstick are:
- Sodium hydroxide
- Perchlorethylene compounds
- WoolClean Dry Spot Remover
- Shout Wipe and Go Stain Removers
These are some of the best removers of stains from lipsticks. When it comes to recipes for lipstick stains removal, you can improvise at home and come up with your own homemade solution of a remover. With that in mind, here are different procedures on how to remove lipstick stains from different surfaces such as white shirts, carpets, and other types of clothes or surfaces.
How to Remove Lipstick Stain – Lipstick Stain Removal Fabric
There are different methods of removing lipstick stains. You can use commercial stain removal products or use rubbing alcohol, or simply use dish soap to get rid of the stain from fabric or the surface. However, there are different methods for different material. Below, we’ll outline the procedure and steps for lipstick stains removal from white shirt, clothes, carpet and other surfaces.
How to Remove Lipstick Stain from Clothes
The procedure is really simple here. It is a general one to remove stains of lipstick from generally all sorts of clothes.
- Treat the waxy or oil component of the stain. A pre-treater of the stain such as Resolve, Shout stain remover will do.
- Follow the treatment by rubbing the area stained with lipstick with a paste of water and powdered detergent. You can also use a heavy duty liquid detergent.
- Scrub the stain on the clothes with a light hand then rinse the clothes or fabrics in hot water.
- Using the hottest water for your specific cloth fabric, wash the clothes using an all-fabric bleach and detergent. This will remove the stubborn dye in the stain. It does not matter if it was blue lipstick, red lipstick, brown lipstick, cotton candy or even dark and white lipsticks. This procedure will remove the dye.
Those are the simple steps on how to remove lipstick stain from clothes. But what about carpets? Let’s see how to remove lipstick stain from carpet with simple DIY steps.
How to Remove Lipstick Stain from Carpet
Carpets or non-washable fibers can also get lip color stains. You cannot use the method described above to get rid of those lipstick stains from carpet. Follow this procedure for cleaning carpets, acetate, fiberglass, rayon, modactylic, wool and triacetate.
- Use a dry cleaning solvent to sponge area on the carpet with lip stick stain. A solvent such as K2r Spot can be used here, after which you will need to apply a dry spotter.
- Blot immediately using an absorbent pad.
- Repeat the two steps above, sponging and blotting away until there are no more lip stick stains removed.
- In case you see the lip color stain spreading on the carpet, flush immediately using a liquid dry cleaning solvent.
- Allow the solvent to evaporate. Sponge the area with the stain using water.
- Apply a wet spotter plus a few drops of ammonia. If the carpet is made of wool or silk, do not use ammonia on it.
- As you apply, keep blotting using an absorbent pad. Remove the ammonia by flushing the carpet with water.
- Now apply wet spotter with a couple of drops of white vinegar as you blot away using an absorbent pad.
- Flush your carpet with clean water and allow time to dry.
Your lip tint stain on your carpet will be removed completely.
How Remove Lipstick Stain from White Shirt
To get rid of lipstick stains on a white shirt, do the following:
- Soak the white shirt in cold water.
- Add just a small amount of dish washing liquid.
- Rub the stain on the shirt well using your fingertips.
- Leave it for a few minutes and then put the white shirt into a washing machine at 40ºc normal wash. The stain will come out easily.
How to Remove Lipstick Stain from Flooring
The steps here are for removing lip color from the floor. This could be a floor made of asphalt, vinyl tile or linoleum.
- Add a few drops of ammonia to warm water and mix well.
- In your mixture, dip a scouring pad (but not steel wool) and rub your floor gently.
- Rinse and wipe to dry.
Removing Lipstick Stains from Hard Surfaces
Surfaces such as acrylic plastic, glass, ceramic glass or tile, porcelain dishes, stainless steel, Plexiglas, vinyl wall covering and clothing, and polyurethane can also get lip color stain. To remove, follow these steps:
- Dip a piece of cloth in warm water.
- Wipe the hard surface with the stain.
- Rinse and wipe to dry well.
- If the stain remains stubborn on the surface, mix some warm water with a few drops of ammonia.
- Dip a piece of cloth in the solution and wipe the stain.
- Rinse to dry with a clean piece of cloth.
That’s it on how to remove lipstick stain from different surfaces such as white shirt, clothes, carpet and other types of fabric. You can find other types of recipes for getting rid of lip color stains. Homemade recipes can be the best since you don’t have to use commercial products to clean lip cosmetics stains.
How do you remove lipstick stains from your clothes?