Lip Wrinkles/Lines – Get Rid of, Remove, Treat, Best Creams, Tips, Remedies, How to
- What are Lip Wrinkles? What are Lip Lines?
- How to Prevent Lip Wrinkles
- Treatment for Lip Lines and Upper Lip Wrinkles
- Home Remedies for Lip Wrinkles
- Other Tips to Get Rid of Lip Wrinkles and Lines Easily
- Best Lip Wrinkle Cream
- Recap on Causes of Lip Lines and Wrinkles
Lip wrinkles and lip lines can be removed easily. In this article, learn the causes of lip wrinkles, how to get rid of lip wrinkles, best way to remove lip lines and simple home remedies, treatment for lip wrinkles. Also, find out best wrinkle cream for lips, fillers and the best anti-aging lipstick to remove lip wrinkles and lines below.
If you did not know, your mouth does a lot of work everyday – talking, drinking, smiling, frowning and many more – it comes as no surprise that the delicate skin around the mouth is usually one of the first to start showing signs of aging. Also called smoker’s kiss, the vertical lines on the upper lip can be difficult to control and even get rid of because of the natural movements of the lips.
What are Lip Wrinkles? What are Lip Lines?
Lip lines or lip wrinkles are the vertical lines that appear on the lips, mostly on the upper lips. Sometimes, lip wrinkles can range from small vertical lines that appear on the upper lips of an individual to lines around the mouth that can make it look a bit drooping. Some lipsticks such as Vitality Lip Flush Anti-aging Lipstick are recommended for preventing and removing lip lines and wrinkles. The skin around your lips is thin and quite sensitive to external factors such as gravity, exposure to the sun and muscle movements that are likely to cause lip wrinkles. Lip lines are sometimes called smoker’s kiss because it is common to find a habitual smoker with lip wrinkles because of their constant action of keeping their lips folded. So what are the causes of lip wrinkles?
How to Prevent Lip Wrinkles
Prevention is very important in order to get rid of lip lines. In fact, once you know of the causes of lip lines, it becomes easy to prevent them because you can always correct what you do that causes lip wrinkles.
The following suggestions will help you get rid of lip lines by prevention.
- Wear sunscreen on your lips to prevent lip lines.
- Quit smoking to prevent lip wrinkles.
- Switch to a container that is wide brimmed for drinking water and other fluids.
- Chewing gum is not a mouth exercise, so avoid excessive chewing of gum to prevent lip lines.
- Dry skin or dry lips are going to cause lip wrinkles. In order to prevent lip lines, it is important that you keep your lips moisturized.
You can learn ways to avoid wrinkles. The article is a complete discussion on managing wrinkles and secrets and tips to help you prevent wrinkles on different parts of your skin. Other than looking at different ways to prevent lip lines, let us now look at the various cures and treatments for lip lines.
Anti Aging Lipstick for Lip Wrinkles
You can use anti-aging lipstick such as it Cosmetics Vitality Lip Flush Anti-aging Lipstick (see link above) to prevent and treat lip wrinkles. This is a lipstick that is well formulated to remove any formed lip lines, leaving your pout sexy, kissable and very smooth. If you also have a problem with chapped and dry lips, an anti-aging lipstick is the best option to try as a way of getting rid of lip lines.
Treatment for Lip Lines and Upper Lip Wrinkles
Wrinkles around lips can be treated too. Where the various methods of preventing lip lines do not work to your advantage, or at least not as fast as you thought they would, going for lip lines treatments would be the next step. But what options are out there for people looking to treat their lip wrinkles? Here is a quick discussion on the treatments for lip wrinkles.
Botox Injection Treatment for Lip Wrinkles
Lip lines are related to facial wrinkles, so Botulinum toxin injections can be used as treatment for lip lines. These can be used alone to treat lip wrinkles, or they can be used with other fillers for lip lines.
Fillers for Lip Lines
Another way to remove lip lines is to go for lip fillers treatment for lip wrinkles. Lip fillers work by replacing the volume of the lips that is lost over time to cause lip wrinkles. Dermal fillers are injected into the skin of the lips to make them fuller. This procedure of using fillers to get rid of lip lines is common with Hollywood celebrities. Hyaluronic acid and collagen are some of the commonly used lip fillers.
Laser Treatments for Lip Lines
Laser resurfacing is also a commonly used treatment for upper lip wrinkles. The resurfacing treatment can be used in combination with injectable fillers we have discussed above under the same subtopic of treatments for lip lines. Lasers used here utilize a beam of highly focused laser light to tighten and repair the skin, thus getting rid of lip lines. Fractional laser treatment for lip wrinkles are the most preferred because they are gentle and effective.
Other treatments for lip lines include dermabrasion, fraxel, restylane, dryport, phenol peel and other resurfacing procedures.
Home Remedies for Lip Wrinkles
Everybody likes to try a few home remedies for lip wrinkles. The advantage with home remedies for lip wrinkles is that you get to practice them everyday without having to incur extra costs on lip wrinkle creams, lotions and moisturizers to get rid of lip lines. Here is a quick list of home remedies for lip wrinkles.
Cinnamon and Natural Oils: Mix just a pinch of cinnamon with natural oils such as coconut oil, vitamin E or jojoba oil and apply on your lips everyday. After a few days, you will notice your lips looking wrinkle free and lustrous.
Papaya Remedy: Papaya fruit is widely used as an anti-wrinkle home remedy to get rid of upper lip wrinkles. Make paste using mashed papaya and a little honey. Apply it as lip mask and allow it to stay on your lips for a few minutes. Wash it off with gentle strokes of your fingers. Papaya is a great lip plumper that will fill in the spaces of the lip lines.
Vitamin E Oil: Can be used to smooth deep lip wrinkles. Vitamin E oil is a free radical fighting antioxidant that can get rid of lip wrinkles easily. Rub vitamin E oil on lips to treat them. Adding almond oil to it and applying on the wrinkled lips will help in removing the lip lines.
Muscle Toning with Lip Exercises: This is one of the home remedies for lip lines that you should already be practicing. Toning the loose lip muscles will help you get rid of wrinkles around the mouth and lips.
- For the first lip exercise to get rid of lip lines, place something upon your lips – your hand, book etc. – and then try to open your lips against the resistance created. Do not press your hand, book etc. you are using against the teeth. Exercise both lips adequately. Do this exercise with equal focus on both lips to ensure the toning is even. 10 minutes of this exercise everyday can produce results after a few weeks.
- The second exercise you can use as a home remedy for lip lines will also take 10 minutes everyday. Place your index fingers inside the corners of your mouth to separate the lips slightly. Avoid stretching your mouth with your fingers. Try to close your mouth against the resistance of the fingers. This will not only tone lip muscles but various other facial muscles from the chin to the nose.
Other Tips to Get Rid of Lip Wrinkles and Lines Easily
Other than the home remedies discussed above, here are simple tips to help you get rid of lip lines.
- Exfoliate your skin around the lips regularly to eliminate lipstick lines.
- Hydrate your body to prevent your lips from drying, which contributes to the formation of lip wrinkles.
- Get adequate sleep everyday and avoid sleeping on your face.
- Apply antioxidant lip balm to encourage the growth of new collagen fibers in your lips. This will firm them up.
- Lipstick that contains sunscreen can help prevent and get rid of lip wrinkles.
Best Lip Wrinkle Cream
What about Lip Wrinkle Creams? Well, top ranked lip wrinkle creams such as Patricia Wexler M.D. Dermatology Intensive 3-In-1 can also eliminate lip lines on both lower and upper lip, but whether cream A will work for everyone is a question of debate and experimentation. We have discussed anti-wrinkle creams in detail. Check it out to see the best anti-wrinkle lip creams that will work to remove lip lines.
Following these tips and procedures can help you get rid of those annoying lip lines and wrinkles. You can get a youthful facial appearance with simple practices such as avoiding sun exposure, a major culprit that causes wrinkles all over the skin. Most importantly, you might even come up with your own simple practices that help you keep your skin wrinkle-free and rejuvenated.
Recap on Causes of Lip Lines and Wrinkles
The causes of wrinkles around lips vary in people because some of them are just habits that may not cut across all people who have lip wrinkles. Commonly, you will find many people with upper lip wrinkles than lower lip wrinkles. Is it that something causes upper lip wrinkles more often than lower ones? The following are the causes of lip wrinkles.
Have you been spending a lot of time in the sun? Well, that comes atop the list of the causes of lip wrinkles. It is not just the cause of lip lines but also face wrinkles, forehead wrinkles, neck wrinkles and generally wrinkles on any other part of the body. UV and UVB radiations from the sun are known to destroy collagen and elastin, leaving the muscle around lips weak. This then causes lip wrinkles.
Smoking Causes Lip Lines
Smoking will slow down the body’s ability to produce collagen. It is also known to trigger an enzyme that breaks down collagen and elastin in the skin, leaving it weaker. In this way, smoking causes lip lines. Since the area around your mouth is the exit point for cigarette smoke, the lips are highly vulnerable to its effects. Smoking is also considered a habit that contributes to certain mouth movements that will end you up with lines around the mouth. As someone smokes, they use mouth muscles to wrap their lips around the cigarette, a movement that is known to cause lip wrinkles.
Puckering and Pursing Cause Lip Wrinkles
Have you been drinking water from bottles and containers that require you to purse your lips? That could be one of the causes of lip lines for you. Puckering and pursing are muscle movements that continue to weaken lip muscles, leaving you with lip wrinkles and generally wrinkles around the mouth.
According to reports published on Women’s Health, repetitive chewing motions such as those made when chewing gum are likely to cause lip wrinkles. The movements continually weaken the lip muscles and condition your lips to form those vertical upper lip wrinkles as well as lines at the corners of the mouth. Other common causes of lip lines include blowing musical instruments, drinking from straws, whistling and kissing. Rapid weight loss can also contribute as a cause of lip wrinkles. See the complete list and discussion of causes of wrinkles.
More on Wrinkles
- Best Wrinkle Cream Reviews – For Eye, Face, Men, How to Choose Top Anti-Wrinkle Creams
- Get Rid of Wrinkles – Prevent, Remove, Treat, Cure, Avoid, Tips, How To
- Face Wrinkles – Causes, Remover, Best Creams, Serums Tips, Treatments, Exercises, Get Rid Of
- Natural/Home Remedies for Wrinkles – Cure, Tips, Get Rid of, Remove, Eliminate
- Forehead Wrinkles – Get Rid of, Prevent, Treat, Remedies, Best Creams, Tips Remove Forehead Lines
- Reduce Wrinkles – How to, Treat, Remover, Best Creams, Remedies, Diminish Face, Eye Wrinkles
- Prevent Wrinkles – How to, Treat, Remove, Best Creams, Anti-aging Products, Tips, Foods, Pillows
- Neck Wrinkles – Get Rid of, Treat, Remove, Best Creams, Remedies, Prevent, Tips How to, Exercises
- Under Eye Wrinkles – Get Rid of, Best Creams, Remove, Remedies, Treat, Laser, Tips How To
- Causes of Wrinkles – Under Eyes, Face, Neck, Lips, Mouth, Hands, Forehead, Types, Treatment
How do you prevent and remove lip wrinkles and lines?