This article is about steps on how to make lip gloss at home with easy recipes. Natural homemade lip gloss with Vaseline and other simple ingredients can be made cheaply. You will also learn how to make lip gloss for your own kids.
- Why Make Your Own Lip Gloss?
- Easy Lip Gloss Recipes at Home
- Homemade Natural Lip Gloss Steps/Tutorial with Vaseline
- How to oHohOMake Lip Gloss for Kids
- Homemade Kids’ Lip Gloss Recipe Procedure
- More on Lip Gloss
- See More on Lip Balms
- Interesting Guides on Best Lipsticks
- Other Resources on Lip Makeup
- Please Click to Share
There are many reasons why you should learn how to make lip gloss of your own. Today’s cosmetics use ingredients that may not be safe for your skin. If you are concerned about preventing lip wrinkles and lines, you would consider homemade lip gloss. Natural lip gloss cannot be compared to lip cosmetics with lead and other unsafe ingredients. By making gloss for kids and yourself, you can personalize it to the flavor you like. In fact, you can end up making the best lip gloss with simple ingredients at home. Below are some of the types of easy lip gloss recipes at home.
Easy Lip Gloss Recipes at Home
Easy-to-follow lip gloss recipes are available in plenty. Some people use different ingredients, but all of them are almost of the same object – to make natural lip gloss that is safe to use. Most of the homemade recipes will contain common ingredients such as the following:
- Petroleum jelly such as Vaseline
- Flavors such as vanilla extract – fruit juices can also be used to add flavor
- Cocoa powder
- Coloring – Food coloring can be used with homemade lip-gloss
- Any other additives such as honey, coconut oil, Shea butter, lavender or others you may like
Some other ingredients may be included depending on the lip balm recipe being used. For instance, homemade lip balm for kids may have slightly different ingredients than that you may want to use. Without much ado, let us learn how to make lip gloss at home below.
Homemade Natural Lip Gloss Steps/Tutorial with Vaseline
This recipe is for flavored lip gloss, but you can exclude the flavor additive if you do not want the lip cosmetic to be flavor-free. You will make a product that is natural and safe, more natural than petroleum jelly such as Vaseline, a common ingredient in making most lip glosses and lip balms.
- A bar of beeswax
- Drink flavoring or scent. You may use honey as a flavor and coloring agent for your lip balm recipes
- Coloring additive – food coloring is a good choice here
- Additives such as honey, lavender and coconut oil
Other things you will need include good lip balm containers, a spoon, pot and heating mechanism.
- Put ¼ cup of petroleum jelly such as Vaseline into a cup.
- Add grated or chopped beeswax
- Put the pot on your means of heating.
- Stir as you add some oil as the contents melts slowly.
- You can put the mixture in a microwave for about 15 seconds to ensure it melts well.
- Pour the gloss into a lip gloss jar, tube or tin.
- Store the containers in fridge for about an hour.
That’s it on how to make natural lip gloss at home with a simple recipe. You can improvise the procedure of making your own lip gloss with Vaseline or another petroleum jelly. Play around with flavors, lip balm colors and other scent additives to come up with a completely custom at-home lip gloss.
Remember to add vitamin E if you want to enhance moisturizing effect of the balm. Some people actually consider adding their best lipstick as a way of adding color to their homemade recipe. It is preferred that you add a drink mix rather than lipstick ingredients. But how do you make the best lip gloss for kids?
How to oHohOMake Lip Gloss for Kids
- Crisco or Vaseline
- Flavored drink mix such as Kool-Aid that is unsweetened
- Vanilla extract
- Cocoa powder
- A mixing plate or bowl
- Cake decorating glitter
- Measuring spoons
- A spoon for mixing/stirring
- Lip gloss containers
- Stickers for labelling the containers
- Food coloring
Homemade Kids’ Lip Gloss Recipe Procedure
To make homemade children’s lip gloss, follow the steps outlined in the procedure below.
- Add some Vaseline into a mixing bowl.
- Put in the microwave for about 2 minutes or just until it is liquid.
- If chocolate lip gloss is your kid’s preference, add cocoa powder and mix or stir well.
- Put the mixture in a microwave for about 20 seconds and then remove and stir.
- If vanilla is the preference, add vanilla instead of heating the Vaseline.
- You can make blue lip gloss by adding Kool-Aid to melted Vaseline then stirring.
- Add in some food coloring and stir well to add some tint to the lip gloss.
- If you want to make it sparkle, add cake glitter.
- When ready to the desired texture, scrape the homemade gloss for kids into the containers.
- Label them well and you are ready to go.
Homemade lip gloss can be fun making since you can try with different types of ingredients to come up with a type of product you desire. You can play around with the flavors to make your favorite flavor and even colors. Ensure that you try to make natural lip gloss with very few commercial ingredients. If you know other steps on how to make lip gloss at home, share in the comments section below.
Have you tried making your own lip gloss? Leave a reply below.
More on Lip Gloss
- Best Lip Gloss – Flavored, Moisturizer, with SPF, Plumping, Long Lasting, Natural, Clear, Pink & Red
- Lip Gloss Containers and Tubes – Empty, Wholesale, Where to Buy Cheap Lip Gloss Tube
- Lip Gloss – For Girls, Men, Kids, Types, Best Brands, Kits, Sets, Sheer, Glitter, Black Lip Glosses
- Pink Lip gloss – Best, Hot, Light, Baby, Bright, Peachy, Bubblegum, Top Pink Lip Glosses Brands
- Natural Lip Gloss – how to make, recipe, best, all natural, homemade Lip Glosses
See More on Lip Balms
- Best Lip Balm – With SPF, Moisturizing, for Dry Lips, Men, Organic, Chapped Lips and Reviews
- Lip Balm Tubes – Empty, Wholesale, Cardboard, Paper, Large, Eco & Mini Lip Balm Packaging
- Homemade Lip Balm – Custom, Personalized, Lip Balms with Vaseline, Coconut or Honey
- Beeswax Lip Balm – How to Make, Recipe, Where to Buy Burt S Beeswax Lip Balm, Tins
- Lip Balm Containers & Tins – Pots, Empty, Wholesale, Small, Homemade, Clear Glass Packaging
- How to make Lip Balm – Best Recipe, with Vaseline, Beeswax, Honey, Coconut Oil at Home
- Organic & Natural Lip Balm – Best Brands, How to Make, Recipe, Homemade All Natural Lip Balms
- Tinted Lip Balm – Best, Natural, Red, Sugar, Burt S Bees Tinted Lip Balms
Interesting Guides on Best Lipsticks
- Pink Lipstick – Best Hot, Bright, Baby, Neon, Matte and How to Wear Pink Lipsticks
- Best Lipstick Brands – Natural, Long Lasting, Plum, Nude, for Moisturizing Dry Lips
- Best Nude Lipstick – Colors, for Dark Skin, Beige, Matte Shades NYX, MAC, Dior, L’Oreal
- Natural Lipstick – Best All Natural Brands, Colors and How to Make Natural Looking Lipsticks
Other Resources on Lip Makeup
- Visit our section on Types of Lips to find out different types of lips and makeup tips.
- Guides on best lip gloss can be found in the Lip Gloss Section.
- Visit our Lipsticks Section to read more on lipstick colors and how to wear them.
- For guides on best lip balms, visit our Lip Balm Section.
- See More Interesting Finds on Lip Makeup.
Do you use homemade lip gloss? How effective is it?