Best Home Remedies for Dark Spots on Skin
Home remedies for dark spots can remove black marks of discoloration easily. You can apply natural cures such as lemon juice on dark spots, potato paste, castor oil, coconut oil, honey and other home remedies such as turmeric to get rid of black patches and marks on face. See below the best home cures and remedies for fading, lightening and bleaching dark age spots fast.
- What is the best home remedy for colored patches?
- Does lemon juice clear black dots?
- Does lemon juice lighten discolorations?
- Can castor oil and coconut oil fade black spots on my face?
- How do potatoes and turmeric remove dark face spots?
- How do I use milk of magnesia for dark marks remedy?
Natural home remedies for small black and brown spots are cheap to make and can be applied easily at home. You only need to collect a few ingredients from your kitchen and make the best home cure to fade and brighten the black discoloration marks. We have seen specific treatments for brown spots and dark spots such as laser treatments and dermabrasion and microdermabrasion. While these treatments are effective, they are expensive. Best creams for dark spot removal are also costly.
Below, we discuss some of the best natural remedies and recipes for bleaching black dots, marks and patches from skin to leave it even toned. These DIY home treatments can be applied for clearing acne spots and pigment discolorations from other parts of the body. You can also see details on the causes and treatments for black marks on different parts as below:
- Treatments for black marks on face
- Home remedy for age marks on neck
- Naturally remove black patches on lips
- Home remedies for dark marks under eyes
Best Home Remedies for Dark Spots on Face, Neck, Hands, Back and Legs
Home remedies for dark spots on face are quite many, but just a few are considered the best when it comes to fading and bleaching to take off marks of discoloration from the skin. Since age spots can be removed by bleaching the skin, kitchen remedies are those that have bleaching properties or can cure the skin of the ailments that cause black blemishes. Here are the best home cures for colored patches on skin.
Lemon Juice Remedy for Dark Spots
Most of the best dark spot correctors use lemon juice as an ingredient. Whether they are face masks for clearing black spots or other types of treatments, lemon juice is a major ingredient. It contains vitamin C which lightens the black marks on your face, black spots on hands, chest, back and even legs.
- Prepare lemon juice in a glass.
- Dip a cotton ball into the lemon juice and dab it on the dark spots on skin. You can gently massage it into the patches.
- Allow it to dry and stay on for a few minutes.
- Wash it off with clean water. Repeat the procedure for several weeks to get rid of dark spots naturally.
You can apply lemon juice to reduce melasma, age spots, rosacea, liver spots, sun spots and other types of skin blemishes. It is also used to remove dark circles under eyes. Acne black spots and pimples can also be reduced, removed or evened using lemon juice natural remedy.
Honey and Turmeric Remedy for Black Marks
You may use turmeric mask for dark spots or turmeric powder for dark spots fading. Turmeric and honey are known for their power to lighten skin. Applying turmeric remedy will remove sun spot and age spots quickly. You can mix turmeric with honey and olive oil to make a remedy for massaging the black spots and clear them fast. It can also be combined with milk to make a paste.
- Mix turmeric, milk and lemon juice or honey to make a thick paste.
- Apply it daily to your face or part of the skin with dark skin spots.
- Leave the paste on for a few minutes and wash it off using lukewarm water.
- Do this repetitively for a few weeks to get rid of dark spots naturally.
Potato Paste Natural Treatment for Black Patches
Potato is also another great home treatment for black spots. You can use potato juice for dark spots removal. It is commonly used as an effective remedy for dark eye circles together with tea bags, cold spoons and cucumber slices. You can now use it as a treatment or cure to fade and lighten black spots on black skin or any other skin tone. To use such home remedies for dark spots on black skin, follow these DIY steps.
Take a few fresh and succulent potatoes and slice them up. Put the slices directly onto the skin with black patches and leave it on for a few minutes. Go ahead and wash it off with lukewarm water, especially if you are trying to remove acne spots from face.
You can also make a homemade dark spot corrector or homemade face mask using potato paste by combining honey with grated potatoes. Use it regularly to bleach the skin and give you a lighter skin tone fast.
Castor Oil for Age Spots and Dark Spots
Castor oil for dark spots and brown spots is an excellent homemade remedy for removing dark spots from face. Having anti-inflammatory, bleaching and acidic properties, castor oil can get rid of black age spots within a few weeks.
- Get pure castor oil and rub it gently into your dark spots using fingertips.
- Leave it on for about half an hour.
- Wash your skin with lukewarm water.
- Repeat this procedure about three times a day to remove dark patches fast.
This is one of the best home remedies for marks on the back and face and can also be used to clear dry and itchy black spots on the skin since castor oil has moisturizing properties. If you do not get castor oil, you can opt for coconut oil for dark spots as it has the power to remove black spots too.
Sandalwood Powder Home Remedy for Brown Spots
Yet another good natural remedy for dark dots on legs, sandalwood is considered one of the best natural bleaching agents. To use sandalwood remedy for dark spots on face, hands, neck, back and shoulders, follow these steps.
- Prepare a thick paste of sandalwood powder by mixing it with glycerine and rose water. You may also use honey or milk.
- Apply to the skin with brown spots and leave for a few minutes.
- Clean the skin with lukewarm water.
- Use this home remedy for brown spots daily to clear them.
Other natural home remedies for dark spots include milk of magnesia for dark spots removal, papaya, aloe vera, vitamin E oil, onion juice, buttermilk, green tea extract, apple cider vinegar, pineapple juice, currants and strawberries. You can try them to get rid of dark spots naturally.
Also Read the Following:
- Best Dark Spot Corrector and Remover Reviews
- Best Cream for Dark Spots Fading, Bleaching and Lightening
- Dark Spots on Face and Best Way to Remove Them Fast
- Get Rid of Dark Spots Under Eyes with Treatments, Remedies
- How to Get Rid of Dark Spots from Acne Naturally
- Dark Spots on Skin Treatments and How to Lighten, Remove
- How to Get Rid of Dark Spots on Neck Fast