Dark Spots on Hands, Causes and Remedies
Dark spots on hands could indicate an underlying health problem. Find out causes of brown patches on hands, how to get rid of brown marks on hands and simple tips to treat and remove the small raised brown skin spots from hands. Also find the best home remedies for sudden or overnight black spots on your hands.
- What causes dark spots on the hands?
- How can I get rid of dark patches on my hands?
- How do you remove dark spots on your hands?
- What are sudden small black spots on hands, arms and feet?
Dark spots and small raised black spots on hands can be a sign of aging, but not always. As people age, they start experiencing black and brown marks on their hands. While these may just be a cosmetic skin problem just like stretch marks, wrinkles and others, it is important to note that underlying diseases can also show symptoms of unusual dark spots on the skin of hands.
Dark spots on arms, feet and hands can be caused by liver problems, lifestyle, and many other reasons can lead to black spots forming on the skin. We will discuss all these causes below and further look at the best dark spot remover for hands as well as other treatment options to get rid of black spots on the hands.
What Causes Dark Spots on Hands – Causes of Black Spots
What causes dark spots on the hands, arms, palms and feet? Well, there are a number of causes of these patches and marks, some of them may pose a risk while others may not. The following are the causes of black spots on the skin.
- Acne blackheads are likely to leave black spots on the skin and hence cause dark spots on arms.
- Liver spots on hands may appear as black spots. These are said to be caused by poor liver function, and sometimes poor kidney health.
- Pregnancy dark spots on the arms and hands are caused by melasma. These commonly appear during the second half of the pregnancy.
- Skin cancer can manifest itself and cause dark marks and black patches on the body.
- Prolonged exposure to the sun will also lead to dark spots on your skin.
- Moles are not harmful, but they can also cause small raised dark spots on the hands and other body parts.
- Iron deficiency and lack of vitamin B12 is also known to cause brown spots and dark spots as well.
- Some medications may show side effects with symptoms of dark marks on your hands.
- If you suffered from chicken pox at some point in your life, you are likely to end up with black spots all over your hands, face, back and generally all over the body.
The spots on your hands can show in different ways. It is easy to realize sudden dark marks on the hands if they appear suddenly or overnight. However, if you have been sitting in the sun most of your time for years, it might not be easy to realize that you have developed dark sun spots on your hands.
Dark age spots on hands are also the same to the sun spots. As people grow and age, the signs of aging do not only show in wrinkles on the forehead but also small black spots on hands, tiny black spots on legs and other parts of the body. One of the parts of the body where it is easy to notice the formation of any marks such as white marks or brown patches is the face. It is simply because you peer into the mirror every day and are likely to miss any formation of Fordyce bumps on the back.
If sudden dark spots start appearing on your hands overnight, it is important to see a dermatologist or a physician as soon as possible in order to determine the cause of the black spots on palm of hands, arms and even feet.
How to Get Rid of Dark Spots on Hands – Tips to Remove Black Spots on Hands
How do you remove dark spots on the hands, arms and feet? There are various options when it comes to getting rid of black spots on the skin. We will discuss the cures and treatment options you have below. However, it is important to see a doctor first, especially if you notice sudden dark spots on the palms or formation of dark spots on hand overnight.
Natural remedies or natural cures for dark spots on the hands can be applied. Alternatively, you can get rid of the dark blotches on hands with medical treatments. Medical treatments for black freckles on hands can be prescribed medications or even the best topical ointments that will fade dark spots.
Best Cream to Lighten Dark Spots on Your Hands
Most fading creams are used to remove black blemishes on skin and generally dark skin discolorations. These will work almost perfectly to fade, bleach and lighten dark marks on your hands to restore an even skin tone. So, what is the best cream for fading dark spots?
- Hydroquinone 4% Cream – Top rated as best dark spot remover for hands according to many studies. It removes melasma spots fast.
- Retin A Cream Dark Spots Remover
- Tretinoin Cream for Removing Black Spots
- Triluma Prescription Cream
You can prevent dark sun spots on your arms and hands by wearing sunscreen. There are many creams that contain SPF to help avoid dark spots.
Home Remedies for Dark Spots on Arms and Hands
Dark spots on back of hands can be removed using simple natural home remedies. Home bleaching agents can remove hyperpigmentation discolorations and correct dark spots the cause uneven skin tone. Here are the best home remedies for removing black spots on your hands.
- Use lemon juice to bleach the dark marks on your hands.
- Onion juice is a bleaching agent too and is a good DIY remedy for dark marks.
- Apple cider vinegar is a good exfoliation agent. Apply it on your skin to remove the dark spots fast.
- Mix horseradish with honey and vinegar to use as a home cure for the black spots on hands.
Other home remedies include cucumber juice, aloe vera, potato paste and vitamin E applications. You can try these to brighten dark spots on the back of hands.
Clinical Treatments for Dark Spots on Hands
On how to remove dark spots on hands, various clinical treatments are available. First, chemical peels can be recommended to get rid of the problem. These work to remove the affected skin with time to reveal new cells with an even skin tone.
Laser removal of dark spots on arms and hands can also be applied. You will need several treatments of laser therapy in order to lighten the dark spots on your hands. It is also considered an expensive treatment and has its own side effects.
Lastly, age spot removal from the hands can be done using topical creams. We have seen these above. Microdermabrasion and dermabrasion treatments help exfoliate the skin to remove the dark spots quickly. After the sessions, the dark spots on hands will brighten and give your skin one even tone.
Also Read the Following:
- Best Dark Spot Corrector and Remover Reviews
- Best Cream for Dark Spots Fading, Bleaching and Lightening
- Dark Spots on Face and Best Way to Remove Them Fast
- Get Rid of Dark Spots Under Eyes with Treatments, Remedies
- Best Home Remedies for Dark Spots on Skin
- How to Get Rid of Dark Spots from Acne Naturally
- Dark Spots on Skin Treatments and How to Lighten, Remove
- How to Get Rid of Dark Spots on Neck Fast