Best Lip Stain in Natural Red, Pink and How to Apply
Best lip stain is a good alternative if you want long lasting lip makeup. In this article, reviews of the best lipstain, best colors such as red, pink and types such as natural lip stain are revealed. Also how to make, wear/apply and use lip stain is outlined. Discover the top brands of lip stain such as NYX, ELF and Revlon.
What Is Lip Stain?
Lip stain is a lip cosmetic that is used to put color to the lips, color that will last longer than ordinary lipstick. It works by “staining” the lips with color that remains temporary but lasts longer on the lips compared to most other lip makeups such as lip gloss, lip balm and even primers. Unlike most other products for lip makeup, lipstains do not contain wax.
A good lip stain can be used on its own or as a long lasting base for lipstick. Both matte lip stains and shiny ones are available, but there is always a difficulty in choosing the best. Here, you will find the best brands of lip stains as well as other various categories of the best lip stains according to reviews.
Best Lip Stain Brands
- Vincent Longo Lip Stain: Vincent Longo Lipstain with SPF 15 Lipstick, Vincent Longo Gel Stain For Lips & Cheeks, Vincent Longo Gel Stain For Lips & Cheeks.
- Revlon Just Bitten Lip Stain: Revlon Colorstay Just Bitten Kissable Lip Stain, Revlon Colorstay Just Bitten Lip Stain + Balm
- NYC Lip Stain: NYC New York Color Smooch Proof 16HR Lip Stain (one of the longest lasting lip stains)
- Covergirl Lip Stain: CoverGirl Outlast Lipstain Lip Color,
- Revlon Lip Stain: Revlon Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stain, Revlon Just Bitten Lipstain + Balm, Beloved
- Best ELF Lip Stain: E.L.F. Studio Lip Stain
- Maybelline Lip Stain: Maybelline Color Sensational Lipstain, Maybelline’s Super Stay 10 Hour Stain Gloss
- Best Josie Maran Lip Stain: JosieMaran Magic Marker Lip and Cheek Stain
- Sula Lip and Cheek Stain
- Stila Cherry Crush Lip & Cheek Stain
- Smashbox Lip Stain and Color Seal balm
- Tarte Lip Tints
- Pixi Lip Blush
- Joe Fresh Lip Stain
- Benefit Posietint
- Balm Stainiac Cheek and Lip Stain
- Liptini Lip Liqueur Lip & Cheek Stain
- mark KissInk Lip Tintmarkers
Compare Prices of Best Lip Stains
Best Long Lasting Lip Stain
Long lasting lip stain will last several hours on end without transferring, rubbing off or smearing even when you are involved in activities such as eating or drinking. It should also allow you to build color on your lips with ease. Here are the best long lasting lip stain picks according to reviews.
- Hourglass Aura Sheer Lip Stain in Flush
- YSL Rouge Pur Couture Glossy Stain
- Revlon Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stain
- NYC New York Color Smooch Proof 16HR Lip Stain (lasts 16 hours)
- Stila Açaí Crush Cheek & Lip Stain (said to last up to 10 hours)
- Tarte LipSurgence Natural Lip Stain Pencil
- Best Red Lip Stains: Benetint by Benefit Red lip stain, Revlon Just Bitten Red Lipstain, Maybelline Dark Red Lipstain Tint.
- Best Pink Lipstains: Benefit Posietint Pink Lipstain, Terry Aqualip Jelly Tint Pink Lipstain.
Best Natural Lip Stain
Good natural lip stains can be used as alternatives to lipsticks and lip glosses. Natural cosmetics are considered the best because they do not have chemical substances such as lead found in lipsticks. While tinted lip makeup that is commercially made can be good, making your own natural lipstain or buying one with natural ingredients can help hydrate your lips and keep them safe as well.
Natural lip stain is not only easy to blend on lips but also quick to apply. But who makes the best natural lip stain that is low maintenance? Here are some of the best picks from natural lip stain reviews.
- Benefit Benetint Natural Lipstain
- Vincent Longo Lip and Cheek Gel Stain
- Tarte Rise & Shine Plumping Lip Stain
- Urban Decay Lip Envy lipstain
When choosing the best natural lip stain, ensure that you look for ingredients such as water, glycerin and other gels. If there is vitamin E and aloe vera, the natural lip stain is even better. You can choose red lip stain or pink lip stain, or any other colors you like depending on your skin tone. If you prefer cheap natural lipstains, you can go the DIY route to make your own lip stain. Below are steps on how to make lip stain at home.
How to Make Lip Stain
There are many recipes for homemade lip cosmetics, from homemade lip gloss to homemade lip balm and even homemade lipstick. When it comes to making lip stains at home, it can also be done with simple kitchen recipes. There are many recipes used on how to make lip stain of your own at home, each of them borrowing a lot from the originator’s creativity. Actually, you can also come up with your own recipe for making lip stain at home too.
Ingredients for making lipstain at home vary a lot because of the different colors, flavors and even type of lipstain you may want to make. For instance, beetroot juice is commonly used for making red lip stain, while berries can also be used to make plum lip stain. Flavored drink mix can also be used to make lipstain at home. Here is a simple lipstain recipe from black berries and pomegranate seeds for a just-bitten lip cosmetic stain.
Ingredients for DIY Best Lip Stain
- Blackberries to add the bright berry lip color
- Raspberry to give the stain a pink color
- Pomegranate seeds for a red lip stain
- Extra virgin olive oil or any other edible oil
You will also need a bowl, mortar and pestle, sifter, fork and jar with a screw top. You can improvise other utensils if you do not have these though.
Easy and Quick Steps to Make Lip Stain
- Mash both the raspberries and blackberries in a bowl using the mortar and pestle or back of a spoon.
- Add pomegranate juice into the mixture using your thumb and index fingers to squeeze the seeds.
- Add olive oil into the mixture and stir the mixture well.
- Drain the mixture into a jar or the best lip cosmetic container of your choice.
That is it ladies on how to make lip stain of your own at home.
How to Apply Lip Stain – Wear/Use Lipstain
Unlike most lipsticks, lipstain does not smudge or bleed. If you know how to wear lipstain well, you will not have to keep checking your lips every now and then to ensure that it does not bleed. Here are steps on how to apply lip stain to achieve an even color and the best pout.
- Choose your best lip stain color according to your skin tone. If your skin is of darker tones, rich shades such as deep red lip color while those with a light skin tone would look good in brighter shades of lip stain such as orange and pink lipstains.
- Exfoliate and hydrate your lips well. You can use a good lip treatment cosmetic such as Lancôme Primordiale Lip Treatment to hydrate your lips, fill in the lip lines and help plump lips. You could also use a toothbrush to exfoliate the lips gently to get rid of dead skin. Your lip stain will apply much better when your lips are bare and smooth.
- If you do not want to use Lancôme Primordiale Lip Treatment, use the best lip balm to moisturize lips for a few minutes.
- Unless you want to have lips looking almost natural, apply a lip liner. However, this would be good for a little contouring of both small lips and big lips.
- Starting with the upper lip, apply lip stain staring from the center of the upper lip and working towards the corners. Ensure you apply lip stain while achieving an even layer. Avoid making back and forth lipstain application movements. Do the same for the lower lip.
- Blend the lipstain with your finger if it comes in a container. However, if it comes with a lip stain applicator brush, use the brush to blend in one direction only. Do the blending as fast as you can to prevent the lipstain from drying before you are done.
- For more depth and color, add one or two layers of lip stain and allow time to dry.
- Apply a moisturizing lip balm to counter the drying effect of the lip stain.
- For a smooth and shiny effect, choose the best lip gloss and apply on your lips.
That’s it ladies on how to apply lip stain. Try the procedure or steps above for using lipstain and let me know what you think.
What is your best lip stain and why? Share below.